Please check out my top 5 health & fat loss tips from the last week. Be sure to share this with any family, friends or colleagues you feel might benefit!
1) 13/01: Do you suffer from anxiety, insomnia depression or severe mood swings or know someone who does? Then know your COMT gene status. COMT is responsible for breaking down our catecholamine’s such as dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine. Individuals who are ++ or +- for these genes will break down catecholamine’s slowly.
This can be good as on one hand we need dopamine to defend against microbes and heavy metal toxicity, however the downside of this is to many methyl groups (epigenetic tags that can alter gene expression) can be left floating around leading to many of the symptoms mentioned above which are more often found in COMT ++ or +- clients. Once you understand this and reduce the intake of methyl donors whilst addressing other underlying pathologies the client’s symptoms can drastically lessen if not completely reverse.
2) 14/01: Just because you are trying to build lean muscle does not mean you should focus solely on hitting your protein target. This is a common mistake many people make. A good rule of thumb is make sure your plate is 50% protein/fats and 50% plant based vegetables – with the majority of them being green. To much protein with not enough veges will worsen your bodies acid/alkaline balance ensuring your lean muscle gains are harder to come by!
3) 15/01: Outsource your training program to someone else. If budget permits I always recommend this to clients, friends and family. Even if you are an expert you will always favour certain exercises, tempos, rest periods etc. Long term this will lead to your results stalling or you not reaching your full potential. When you outsource not only will you get greater results but you will learn more along the way!
4) 16/01: Keep your gut and immune system strong by doing a regular parasite/bio film-busting shake. Parasites, candida, protozans etc can cause havoc on our immune system and bodies stress hormone response which over time apart from limiting your ability to absorb nutrients from your food can increase your umbilical fat storage, decrease your lean muscle gains and can decrease your quality of life.
A simple trick to keep the body free of such things is to first thing in the morning make a shake consisting of organic greens, vitamin c powder, grapefruit seed extract, artemisia annua with 1 x tbs coconut butter. I find this broad-spectrum anti-microbial/alkalizing shake deals with most pathogens and yeast infections quite effectively.
5) 17/01: If you want to build lean muscle effectively you must learn how to execute technique effectively. Many people think simply because they are moving a big weight that they are growing. By putting the ego aside and focusing on tempo and contraction of the working muscle you can elicit far greater hypertrophy with much less weight.
A simple tip is next time you squat think of pushing the feet into the floor and then ripping the floor apart before you begin, you should automatically feel your quads contract. Once you have done that do the movement in that contracted state and I guarantee you will feel it more than if you were bouncing out of the whole!
To stay up to date with daily tips like this be sure to LIKE our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/cleanhealthpersonaltraining
Yours in health,