Fitness Model Workshop
Join Mel Le man, WBFF Pro for this one day fitness model workshop. 28th November at Clean Health.
In this workshop, Melissa will cover the following and more!
- Comp Prep
- The journey to the stage
- Self belief
- Goal setting
- Personal growth
- Marketing for career
- Judging criteria *importance of not only conditioning but stage presence and outfit selection
- Stage presence
- Market Ability
- Overall Look (HMU, Bikini, etc) – X-Factor
- Power of positive thinking
- Tick the boxes (structure and routine)
- Focus on you and you alone
- Attitude is everything
- If you want to be a Pro, act like a Pro
- Post competition mindset / structure
- Goal Setting
- Structure towards next set goals
- Continuing good habits
- Mindset check
- How to build your career in the Fitness Industry
- Exposure via competing *build your name in the industry
- Photoshoots around your shows
- Market yourself through social media
- Own who you are and use your social media tools to share that to the world. Your followers are your audience
Career Highlights – HYPE
- With consistency will come positive progress *I didn’t place in my first few shows…
- Marketing your success /journey through social media
- Look at an international show to create more hype around your brand (you)
Opportunities – Create them!
- Enter Oxygen covergirl comp
- Shoot with photographers linked to magazine to be known *people will not pluck you from the crowd
- Pick up your favourite magazine you wish to one day be featured in or on and reach out to the editor and introduce yourself.
- Communication is key – introduce yourself to key public figures in the industry
- Create a resume of your career and influences of social media and reach out for sponsorship opportunities *communication is key
- How you communicate on social media / tastefulness of photos is your brand, don’t tarnish it
- Market yourself wisely *put effort into your posts. Share knowledge, good vibes
- When you feel the time is right, invest into your own website
- Video content is great!
- To be a top fitness model you must stay in shape all year round – no yoyo dieting, set yourself regular shoots to be accountable to.
- Once you have built your profile and have a loyal audience who follows you because they love you and your content you can now sell a product and create a return on your hard work.
- Be honest, and passionate – there is no room for failure if you are passionate.
- Cross promote through social media and website / mail outs and word of mouth from happy customers
- POSING/STAGE PRESENCE – Hands on work
- T-Walk vs. I-Walk
- Federation posing differences (predominately MuscleMania – INBA – WBFF) *I don’t specialise in IFBB
- Bikini vs. Fitness
- 1/4 turns to the front
- 1/4 turns to the right
- 1/4 turns to the back
- X-Factor Energy * Projection