Coach Amy Needham’s gluten-free, dairy-free and high protein recipe will change the way you eat lasagne. The macronutrients are calculated using the iNutrition Pro software used to create custom nutrition plans for clients at Clean Health Fitness Institute.
HEALTHY LASAGNE RECIPE
21.5F, 23C, 22P (8 Serves)
- 350g Eggplant
- 350g Butternut Pumpkin
- 150g Brown Onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 30g Olive Oil
- 500g Roma Tomatoes
- 500g Zucchini (stir in)
- 120g Red Capsicum (stir in)
- 500g Steggles Turkey Mince
- 40g Bone Broth
- 12g Coconut Sugar
- 260ml Light Coconut Cream
- 360ml Thick Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 12g Bone Broth Concentrate
- 30g Tapicoa Flour
- 20g Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 30g Butter
- Pre slice the eggplant and butternut pumpkin. Lightly steam or bake then set aside.
- Chop then sauté the brown onion and garlic with olive oil.
- Add finely diced roma tomatoes, zucchini, red capsicum. Then add turkey mince, 2 tbsp bone broth concentrate and coconut sugar.
- Set aside once thoroughly mixed with fresh or dried herbs such as oregano, parsley, himalayan salt.
- Over a stove top or in a thermomix combine light coconut cream, thick almond milk, eggs, 1 tbsp of one broth concentrate, tapioca flour, nutritional yeast flakes, butter and 1tsp coconut sugar. Ensure it is pureed to perfection and heated to thicken (thermomix is 5-8 mins speed 4 at 90 degrees).
- Assemble your lasagne in a baking dish starting with the eggplant layer followed by half the bolognese then half the white sauce.
- Repeat with the pumpkin as the next layer then bolognese and more white sauce.
- Bake in a 200 degree Celsius oven for 35-4 mins or until the top is browned and edges are all set.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins before serving.
Yours in health,
Amy Needham / Clean Health Fitness Institute Coach
Clean Health Fitness Institute
Editor’s note: If you are a personal trainer wanting to learn how to maximize results with every day clientele, check out our CALENDAR OF EVENTS to find out when we are teaching our world leading courses on business, nutrition and training for fitness professionals in a city and country near you!