Since 2008, the Clean Heath Fitness Institute has been regarded as Australia’s premiere fitness industry educators and personal training organization. Having certified over 5000 personal trainers and fitness professionals in over 10 countries globally, we have developed a reputation as pioneers in the health and fitness industry worldwide.
The Clean Health Fitness Institute brand was founded by industry legend Daine McDonald, whom continues to develop our company staff and educate fitness professionals from around the world to this day.
Over the years, we have been featured throughout numerous media publications and TV shows globally including Sydney Morning Herald, GQ Magazine, Men’s Muscle & Health, Men’s Fitness, Australian Women’s Health & Fitness, Oxygen Magazine, The Australian Biggest Loser Club, Channel 9 with Kerri Anne, Fitness First Magazine, Nine MSN’s Health and Well-being site along with lecturing at some of the biggest health and fitness conferences globally such as Filex and the Australian Fitness Expo.
Our company history from 2008 until the present is as follows…
Commercial Gym Business: 2008-2011
- Founded in 2008 by Daine McDonald, started as a personal training organization at St Leonards Fitness First on Sydney’s North Shore. Over the next 3 years it would develop a national reputation as being a leader when it came to results based personal training.
- In 2010, due to constant requests, Daine commenced teaching personal trainers from around Sydney in his own private internships. Over the next two years this lead to fitness professionals from around Australia flying down to Sydney to complete the original Clean Health Trainer Internship Level 1 program.
- In 2011, the company hires its first staff and by the middle of 2012, has over 10 personal trainers working out of 3 different commercial gyms across Sydney’s North Shore and CBD doing over 250 personal training sessions per week.
First Fixed Facility Site: 2012-2014
- In 2012, Daine opens the Clean Health Performance Centre on Kent St in Sydney’s CBD. Over the next 3 years he would grow this business to average over 400 personal training sessions per week, which at its peak had a team of over 30 staff including 25 personal trainers.
- From 2012-2015, the company developed an international reputation as industry leaders and had some of the highest profile industry professionals from around the world either teach or associate with the company such as Charles Poliquin, Dmitry Klokov, IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski, IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev, Phil Learney, Dr Bob Rakowski, Dr Mark Schauss along with many of the top professionals from within Australia.
- In 2014, Clean Health Education launches interstate teaching its’ first ever 7-day internship in Melbourne at 5EW, which today is one of that cities premiere gyms. By the end of 2014, we had taught in Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland and Montreal having done over 18 seminars that year alone, which equaled the total of the previous 3 years.
Growth Of CHFI Education: 2015-2016
- In 2015, Daine leads an aggressive expansion of the education side of the business which lead by the end of the year the company conducing over 50 seminars around the world with such industry notables like Charles Poliquin and Dmitry Klokov. This included teaching in every major capital city within Australia including the United Kingdom, Canada, USA, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Germany and Sweden in over 15 major cities.
- In 2015, the primary courses taught to over 1500 students that year were the all new company certification programs, which are the Performance PT and Performance Nutrition coach certifications.
- In late 2015, with the focus of the company moving towards education, the company rebrands to the Clean Health Fitness Institute and opens a second state of the art location in Chatswood which is today it’s HQ. It was complete with classrooms and facilities to act as an education centre with a gym.
The 2015 ‘Training For Strength Sports’ world tour with Charles Poliquin & Dmitry Klokov!
Two Fixed Sites & Launch of RTO: 2016
- In 2016, with two operational sites in Sydney CBD (Gym only) and Chatswood (Education centre and gym), the company becomes an RTO with Australian government approval, allowing it to certify people to become personal trainers with no industry experience via the Certificate 3 & 4 in Fitness program. It also continues to expand its reach throughout Australia and Asia, teaching for the first ever time at Filex to over 150 personal trainers along with Singapore and Kuala Lumpur to another 150 plus fitness professionals.
- At the end of 2016, the company sells its original gym only location on Kent St in Sydney’s CBD to Ultimate Performance Global, allowing it to consolidate its focus and resources primarily into education in 2017 and beyond.
Today: 2017 and beyond
- In 2017, we are engaged in our first ever private job in the middle east, along with more courses around Australia, Asia and the UK making us the only fitness industry RTO today to have a truly global presence when it comes to raising the standards of fitness professionals around the world.
Today Our Primary Focus is The Following
- Certification of people wanting to become personal trainers across Australia through our ASQA accredited certificate 3 and 4 in Fitness, which we run through our registered training organization (RTO).
- Fitness industry education for personal trainers through our world-renowned personal trainer certification programs delivered around the world in person and online.
- Personal training out of our Chatswood gym locations to people from all walks of life.
- Online personal training to over 100 active clients around the world globally at any one time.
For more information on our industry leading education programs for personal trainers along with our other services, please fill in the enquire today form below!
Yours in health,
The Clean Health Fitness Institute